1st Tokyo Global Dialogue（English）
About the dialogue
"Is it possible to build an international order based on free, fair and transparent rules?"
The rules-based international order now faces serious challenges such as the rise of nationalism and populism. This dialogue will take a multifaceted approach in discussing what actions should be taken to rebuild a free, fair and transparent rule-based international order.
< Plenary Sessions >
- Challenges to democratic political system and the liberal international order
- The new US-China strategic rivalry and the international community
- Is it possible to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic growth?
- Digitalizing societies and the international order
< Breakout Sessions >
- Seeking out a new order in the Indo-Pacific Region (BRI and FOIP)
- Actions by key powers in the Middle East and their impact on the international security
- Challenges to arms control and the nuclear non-proliferation regimes
- Challenges to multilateral systems (UN, WTO, IMF, World Bank, G7, G20, etc.)
- Developments surrounding the Korean peninsula and steps toward forming a new order
- Territorial/maritime issues and challenges to the rule of law
< Regional Sessions >